My Little Man

My Little Man

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summer Vacation


It's crazy to think that summer is coming to an end. It's crazy how fast the summertime flies by.  My summer this year consisted of working many basketball camps, taking classes, going to Florida, getting my classroom ready, and wedding planning.  I enjoyed every second of it!! This past weekend, I graduated from Lee with my Masters.  Looking back it amazes me how God truly works everything out for the best.  I had no clue what to major in and went back and forth between teaching and nursing.  Little did I know what God had in store for me years later.  What I thought was the worst thing ever was truly a blessing.  I tore my ACL my sophomore year in college and thought that was the end but God had everything under control.  I had the opportunity of playing college basketball for five years and was blessed with being allowed to get two degrees paid for.  God really knows better then me : )  

Anyways.... this past year our summer family vacation was to Daytona Beach.  We couldn't have asked for better weather and had a wonderful time.  After a week in Daytona, Caleb and myself rented a car and drove down to Miami to stay with Caleb's sister and brother in law.  If you have never been to Miami, you need to go.  I really felt like I was in another country.  While in Miami, we went to South Beach, Key Largo, Key Biscane, the Miami Aquarium, a Marlins game, and I got adventurous with my eating.  I was so proud of myself that I tried many different types of food while I was down there.. Here are some pictures from our trip.. 


Here we are at a Peruvian Restaurant.. Yes, I did try the food and actually loved it.. This restaurant had the prettiest view of the bay, but I forgot to take a picture when it was light outside.. The view was gorgeous!
Me, Caleb, Courtney, and Matt watching P. Diddy in concert.. 
This picture was in the outfield at the Braves vs. Marlins game.. We had a little treat after the game: P Diddy did a concert.. haha yes, it was so funny!!


The moon looks so neat in this picture!! Courtney does a great job taking pictures!



Caleb was a little embarrassed of me right here.. He wouldn't cooperate and do a jumping picture with me!!


Rader loved his little mini pool..

LOVE this little guy!!
My most favorite restaurant in all of Daytona.  They have the best cinnamon rolls for dessert.. If you have never tried Aunt Catfish, you definitely should.. 




The water was FREEZING (as you could tell from his face)

The B-E-A-utiful sunrise.. God is GREAT!!!!




1 comment:

  1. You still got some vertical going on!! You've got some great pictures. Courtney should do your wedding:)

    ReplyDelete